About This Course
Originally designed for the QP, our medicinal chemistry and therapeutics training course is essential knowledge for QPs and those working with pharmaceuticals. This intensive course provides an understanding of the technical terminology, demystifying reference material from patient information leaflets to data sheets.
If you work in a leadership role in the industry, it is vital that you understand the impact of your products on your patients, the good they do and the harm they can cause. This course is four and a half days of interactive, detailed case study-based education.
This course is approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry as suitable for its members’ continuing professional development.
Key Learning Objectives
On completion of this medicinal chemistry and therapeutics training course, delegates will know and understand:
- How the body works (from cells to key physiology) and what goes wrong
- Major therapeutic areas: central nervous system, heart, respiratory tract, inflammatory disease and gastrointestinal tract
- Drug therapy: receptors, autonomic nervous system and other drug targets
- Cleaning and risk-based cross-contamination avoidance
In addition, there are opportunities to discuss your products with expert tutors from one of the top schools of pharmacy in the UK and hear presentations on currently marketed products.
The Body and How It Works
- Cell structure and function
- Human physiology and body functions
- Introduction to the nervous system
- Introduction to the heart and cardiovascular system
Major Disease States
- Review of disease states that can affect the body: ◦Heart
- Respiratory tract
- Inflammatory diseases
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Diseases of the central nervous system
Medicinal Products and How They Affect the Body
- Basis of drug therapy/receptor theory
- The autonomic nervous system
- Classification of medicinal substances by therapeutic area: ◦Respiratory
- Central nervous system
- Musculoskeletal and joint disease
- Pharmacological effects
Other Relevant Issues
- Adulteration and cross-contamination
- Cleaning and cleaning validation: approaches for a multi-product facility
Who Should Attend
The Aspiring Qualified Person
- Our training is generally considered the best available and our QPs are held in high regard within the industry.
- As well as being accepted in the UK, our training courses are well known and accepted by several EU countries, including Ireland, the Netherlands, Austria, Hungary and Malta.
- You are more likely to become a QP with us than with any other training provider.
The Pharmaceutical Technical Professional
- Not all people attending these courses intend to become QPs. Many use the training to develop as technical managers in other areas of pharmaceutical manufacture and control.
- Many industry professionals from a range of disciplines attend the courses as part of their continuing professional development. Taken with some of our other QP modules, this course is designed to lead to postgraduate certificate, diploma and MSc qualifications.
Course tutors will be selected from the following:
Mike Halliday - Mike has broad experience in the manufacturing management and QA of a wide range of sterile and non-sterile dosage forms. Mike is eligible to act as a Qualified Person and he is an honorary lecturer at the University of Strathclyde.
Paul Cummings - Paul has nearly 30 years’ experience in pharmaceutical R&D, specializing in parenteral product development. Paul has many recognized areas of expertise including the design and practical applications of parenteral manufacturing facilities, clinical trial manufacture and cleaning validation program design and execution.
Chris Prior, University of Strathclyde - Chris is a neuropharmacologist with expertise in neuromuscular function, anesthetic practice and neurological diseases. Having served as Director of Teaching and Assistant Head of Institute in the University’s Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences from 2006-2011, he was appointed Academic Vice-Dean within the Faculty of Science from 2011-2015. He currently holds the positions of Senior Teaching Fellow and Associate-Dean.
Course cost (excluding VAT) £3,230.00
Multiple delegate booking discounts available. Discounts also offered to NHS staff, regulators and charities– contact us for details.
Have a question or want to book a place? Contact email@example.com
- KOREA PHARM & BIO 2020 (Korea Int'l Pharmaceutical & Bio-pharma Exhibition) We, Kyungyon Exhibition Corp., are happy to inform you of our upc...
- 3rd World Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Conference 3rd World Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Conference will be...