- Location: Long Island, New York, USA
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Technical Support
About the position
We are looking for a talented and technically skilled ‘people-person’ who enjoys working with clients and is proud of his/her ability to provide superior customer service. Your base of operations will be our Corporate Headquarters in Hauppauge, NY.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide both pre and post-sale Tier 1-2 level support to include the installation, troubleshooting, servicing, and project management of Vicon video management systems on-site, via telephone and/or remote connection.
- Providing telephone, fax, email and on-site factory technical support and representation.
- Conducting training sessions and workshops and assisting with product seminar and trade show set-up, teardown, and representation.
- Performing site surveys and determining conceptual requirements of system designs and implementing with the support of Project Engineering, Technical Support and Inside Sales groups.
- Responsible for the implementation of Beta programs including the installation, weekly evaluations and preparation of technical status reports. Creation of Technical FAQs and Technical Bulletins.
- Test and replicate hardware and software networking and application issues.
Other desirable skills / acquirements
- Interest in both PC (hardware/software) and network technology
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as presentation skills
- Enjoys working with people over the phone and provides thorough follow-up to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Great problem solving abilities
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Superior customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time to customers’ sites. Most travel will occur between Monday-Thursday.
The following certifications are preferred but not required:
A+, Networking+, CCNA, MCSE or MCP
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the PC/networking industry is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the troubleshooting of both hardware and software in a Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Subnet masking, DHCP and Firewalls.
- Working knowledge of routers, switchers, Wireshark, SAN, NAS, NAT, etc.
- Prior experience in a technical support/help desk type position a plus.
- Knowledge of CCTV, access control, digital video, video codecs, digital recording and video transmission a plus.
Vicon HR Department