- Location: Long Island, New York, USA
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Technical
About the position
We are looking for a talented and technically skilled ‘people-person’ who enjoys working with clients. Your base of operations will be our Corporate Headquarters in Hauppauge, NY. Some of your duties will include:
General Purpose of Position
• Has substantial understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.• Performs test, inspection, diagnostics, repair, and configuration of camera products.• Experienced level position.• Leads Test Technician group members
Responsibilities• Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.• Performs the set-up and testing of camera subassemblies, mechanical assemblies, and finished goods that are rejected or discrepant.• Recognizes failures and set-up problems, and determines the need for appropriate corrective action.• Operates test software on standard computer systems.• Completes technical assessment of supplier furnished materials, to include PCBA’s and electronic components.• Rework and repair of customer returned products prior to final disposition by company.• Data entry input and product label creation.• Prepare written reports, as necessary, to include yield data, rework results, tact time, and corrective actions taken.• May assist in cycle counting activity daily and monthly physical inventory.• May perform incoming inspection and audit of supplier raw materials to company specifications.May be required to support Engineering department members, to include but not limited to: new product introduction, pilot build production, engineering prototyping, technical analysis of camera assemblies, modify products upon direction, provide breadboard mock-ups for evaluation, etc.
Lead Responsibilities • Responsible for leading the Test Technician group• Assigning and scheduling the work of all group members• Assisting, guiding, and instructing group members in the performance of their duties• Assists in direct reporting of and resolving issues related to and addressing camera-, mechanical-, testing subassemblies, finished goods, software operation, analyzing and inputting data, rework and repair.A lead differential is applied only to the hours worked as a lead worker and is not applied towards vacation, personal time off, sick or holiday hours.The Lead worker status is at the discretion of the supervisor and the assignment, which can be revoked at any time.
Other desirable skills / acquirements
Performance Skills• Organization and Planning: Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
• Teamwork: Able to work with concurrently with all levels of staff in such a manner as to achieve company goals and objectives.
• Decisiveness: React with confidence to work instructions.
• Relationship building/cultivation: Must understand and work effectively within cultural norms.
• Physical Activity Level: Requires manual use of hands, sitting, interaction with computer screen images, and lifting up to 25 pounds package.
• Special Vision Requirements: Close vision capability at 20 inches or less. Color vision recognition and depth perception with ability to identify and distinguish colors. Focus ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus. Reading, computer screen, and microscope vision.
• Work Environment: Moderate noise in shared production office space with light foot traffic. Work area may be subject to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and electrical shock risk if attention to detail is not maintained.
Education• High school diploma or GED.• Associates degree or equivalent, preferred.
Experience• Typically requires a minimum of 2 – 4 years of related experience.• Some electronics skills training and / or work experience in an electronics manufacturer environment.
Vicon HR Department