Vestas started manufacturing steel windows for industrial buildings in 1898. The Danish based company produces wind turbines since 1979. In 2008, Vestas was the market leader of the wind power industry with 19.8% of market share and today it employs around 21,000 people.
Vestas manufactures, installs and offers service & maintenance for its onshore and offshore wind turbines. The headquarters are located in Randers, Denmark, and it has 30 sales and service units, 34 production units and 7 research centers spread all over the world.more
Vestas' Wind Turbine Range
- V52-850 kW: an adaptable turbine, well suited for a broad spectrum of medium and high winds.
- V60-850 kW: designed for Chinese wind and weather conditions, optimized for medium and low wind sites.
- V82-1.65 MW: well suited for large wind farms, where grid compliance issues are solved at the substation level.
- V80-1.8 MW: suited for aggressive sites, as it is adjusted for both high and moderate winds. The high energy yield of the V80 turbine makes it suitable for locations where space is limited.
- V80-2.0 MW: a pitch-regulated turbine for medium and high winds. The V80 turbine well suited to a wide range of sites, both onshore and offshore.
- V90-1.8 MW and V90-2.0 MW turbines for low and medium wind. The V90-1.8/2.0 MW turbines are optimised for sites with low turbulence and low and medium winds.
- V100-1.8 MW: designed for low wind onshore sites. It features a wide rotor diameter, enabling it to deliver a high output at low wind speeds.
- V90-3.0 MW: designed for medium and high winds onshore and offshore sites. The V90 is remarkably light for a turbine of its size - and remarkably efficient for a turbine of any dimension.
- The V112-3.0 MW: designed for low and medium wind speed sites onshore sites. It has a wide rotor-to-generator ratio which gives more efficiency than other 3.0 MW turbines.
- Vestas V112-3.0 MW Offshore: designed for the sea, it has a big generator ratio which delivers availability under all wind and weather conditions. It operates with an extended production envelope, and delivers optimal output in average wind speeds up to 9.5 m/s. The turbine will be class IEC-S certified for each individual offshore project.
Key financial figures 2008
- Revenue: mEUR 6,035
- EBIT: mEUR 668
- EBIT margin: 11.1 per cent of revenue
- Profit after tax: mEUR 511
- Net working capital: mEUR 299
- Net working capital: 5 per cent of revenue
- Global market share 2008: 20 per cent (5,581 MW2 ) less
Image GalleriesView all Galleries
CategoriesView all Categories
Vestas V112-3.0 MW Offshore
A state-of-the-art turbine with exceptionally high output.
Vestas V112-3.0 MW
Designed for low and medium wind speed sites onshore sites. It has a wide rotor-to-generator ratio which gives...
Vestas V100-1.8 MW
Designed for low wind onshore sites. It features a wide rotor diameter, enabling it to deliver a high output a...
Att.: Investor Relations Hedeager 42
DK-8200 , Aarhus
- 100W 12V Bendable Lightweight Thin Monocrystalline Flexible Solar Panel
- 100W 12V Off-Grid Monocrystalline Portable Folding Solar Panel Suitcase
- Sollatek Ltd Established for over thirty years in the United Kingdom, Sollatek...
- SolarBuyersClub.org Better than a solar co-op