Techaya have developed the MILTECH-1010, a highly capable gigabit Ethernet media converter with remote power switching control which is currently being applied for the remote control of artillery systems within the field.
The idea of the artillery remote control system is to remove personnel from the dangers of the field without compromising on weapon capabilities or functionality. The MILTECH-1010 instead offers complete control (power and communication), remotely, via a tactical fibre optic which allows operators to remain kilometres away from the system in a safe control centre.
MILTECH-1010 Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter
The gigabit ethernet media converter is a combination of two systems. The MILTECH-1010A is placed in the vicinity of the operator whereas the MILTECH-1010B is located by the artillery system, in the field. Connected via tactical fiber optic the units are then able to communicate with one another for complete remote control.
The main design challenge with this system was to build a converter that, when idle, uses only the lowest amount of power consumption but is then able to switch on the power for the remote artillery system when activated.
As a result, the remote control system is able to sit in idle for the majority of its operating life, this uses only 0.1W and enables the system to remain undetectable by thermal sensors. Only when the operator decides to turn on the power of the remote artillery system (with capacity to up to 100 Amps power switching) the system become detectable. Communication between the MILTECH-1010A and 1010B units occurs within miliseconds for complete remote control of the artillery system.
Remote Artillery System Control
Remote Control Benefits
- Undetectable by thermal sensors in idle mode
- Personnel removed from dangerous environment
- Reduction in requirement for personnel field equipment
- Fast communication times
- Remote power switching of up to 100 Amps
- Combat proven
The MILTECH-1010 unit has been designed for use in harsh military environments, with a hardened casing for higher ingress, shock, vibration and impact protection. Packaging enhancements meet MIL-STD-810F airborne & ground environmental compliance and the remote artillery system control units are compact enough to be located in extremely tight spaces.
Contact Techaya today for a quote or consultation.
- AAR Mobility Systems AAR Mobility Systems designs, manufactures, integrates, and servi...
- General Dynamics C4 Systems General Dynamics C4 Systems offer telecommunications and systems...
- Greg Miller Vice President of Engineering and Techno... Mr. Miller began his career at EPT in 1992 as a Project Design En...
- David Rodgers - Sales Engineer, Ultra Electronics DNE Technologies Sales Engineer David Rodgers is a former U.S. Army Signal officer, his specialti...