SpanSet Ltd, in the UK, part of the International group of companies have supported the military market requirements as a main contractor and as a supplier to other prime contractors for our full range of lifting, load restraint, stowage, recovery, height safety and security products and services.
With the increased deployment of forces worldwide and the introduction of new platforms in response to the many diverse operational scenarios SpanSet Ltd has been active in minimising the risk to men and equipment within the important field of logistics and rapid deployment.The integration of SpanSet products into all aspects of the standard day-to-day operational procedures are evident in all areas of the three services.more
Military Lifting Equipment
Every vehicle, piece of equipment, munitions, rations etc at some point will be “lifted and shifted". SpanSet Ltd for over 30 years have responded to the complex logistical requirement and offered a design and manufacture facility to encompass synthetic and chain based load restraint and military lifting equipment, including the unique SpanSet Vario Sling.
In support of the DROP's project we developed the In-Service Tie-Down, which has now become the standard for all three services as a means to secure loads meeting the BSEN 12195-2 requirement now incorporating the patented Tension Force Indicator (TFI).
Vehicle Restraint Systems
The design and supply of load restraint equipment and vehicle restraint systems has included a move from our traditional synthetic product range. We were successful in winning the contract for the restraint systems for the Heavy Equipment Transporters (HET) and the Plant Trailer. These restraint systems were chain based and met the stringent BS EN 12195-3 specification.
There is a significant requirement for webbing based products within the field of wheeled and tracked vehicles. From compact high strength lightweight recovery strops and stowage nets, to internal and external restraint systems.
SpanSet Ltd design, manufacture and supply products for both fixed wing and rotary wing platforms.We are the only authorised manufacturer of Helicopter Underslung Load Equipment (HUSLE) lifting strops. Load restraint systems are also provided for internal loads in Chinook, C130 and C17.
SpanSet Ltd also acts as a design authority for restraints systems for internal loads such as the Long Range Insertion Craft for the Special Forces. We also design and supply ground support equipment to meet specific operational requirements.
Working at Heights Training
SpanSet Ltd is the nominated supplier for all working at height equipment, systems and associated working at heights training to the MoD and holds the contract to supply to all three services. Working at heights training is carried out at our custom-built training facility in Middlewich Cheshire, by our own professional instructors, each selected on merit, having achieved extensive experience and qualifications in their individual disciplines. Subject to suitability training can be carried out on the customers' site as required throughout the world or at the other SpanSet training facilites in Switzerland, Germany, US, Australia and Taiwan.
SpanSet Ltd strength is its ability to fuse together the many years of problem solving together with a large worldwide supply and design network to offer a complete solution to those many diverse operational issues.
A particularly important development has been the Tension Force Indicator (TFI) now available for 5, 10, 20 and 25 Ton systems. These ensure that a correct level of pretension has been achieved in the lashing systems. Because loads may have shifted during transport it is better to use tensioning devices that allow a controlled step-by-step release of the load so that accidents due to suddenly falling items can be avoided.
Chock blocks as well as SpanSet-Grip friction mats are highly recommended in order to increase the effectiveness of the systems and to increase safety even further. Depending on the nature of the load it may be advantageous to use a net based system in case it is fragmented and difficult to control in its constituent parts.
STINGER: Tyre Deflation Device
SpanSet Ltd are agents for the unique and highly successful STINGER, tyre deflation device and supply to the UK MoD for use by the elite special forces and enforcement officers. The STINGER is used worldwide as a weapon against the constant problem of joy riders up to the upper echelon of criminals to stop their fleeing vehicles in an effective, reliable and controlled manner with no threat to the public, deploying and pursuit officers.
Where has SpanSet Ltd been making an impact?
The Royal Navy and Royal Fleet Auxiliary
- SpanSet Ltd have designed and supplied vehicle & equipment restraint systems for HMS Ocean, HMS Bulwark, HMS Albion and the new family of Bay Class ships together with the Landing Craft LCU Mk 10.
- On board all surface ships there is an inventory of SpanSet "kits of parts" consisting of slings, metalwork etc to allow a whole matrix of lifting systems to be configured. This has resulted in each ship minimizing its stock of dedicated lifting equipment and providing greater versatility and scope of operation. All the equipment meets DEF STAN 02-187. SpanSet Ltd is the only company to achieve this status.
- The requirement for Replenishment at Sea has resulted in SpanSet successfully winning the contract to manufacture and supply the "RAS" net. This is a multi-purpose slotted webbing net used to transfer loads ship to ship.
- We also supply a full gambit of lifting systems for such complex loads as Radomes and Antenna's, Rigid Inflatable Boats and Workboats, Torpedo's and munitions etc. We have also supplied lifting system for vehicles from ship to shore. less
Horizontal Safeline System Shows SpanSet Don’t Take Safety Lying Down!
SpanSet's safeline horizontal system features a tensioned wire lifelin...article posted by SpanSet Inter AG
Royal Navy Is An XTRACTA Fan! SpanSet’s Innovative Confined Space Kit Proves A Hit with Clients
SpanSet’s XTRACTA confined space access kit impresses clients. The mod...article posted by SpanSet Inter AG
SpanSet Restrain the Mighty Spitfire
Spanset Inter supply their strong and reliable aircraft tie-down syste...article posted by SpanSet Inter AG
Image GalleriesView all Galleries
- Military Containers
- Aircraft Lifting Equipment
- Safety Harnesses
- Military Air Equipment & Services
- Military Health and Safety Equipment
- Military Logistics
- Packaging and Cargo Handling
- Military Training and Simulation
- Towing Equipment
- Cargo Nets
- Military Material Handling
SpanSet Inter AG
CW10 0HX, Middlewich
- CDK Mobile Systems Inc. CDS Mobile Systems supplies mobility equipment for a range of mil...
- AAR Mobility Systems AAR Mobility Systems designs, manufactures, integrates, and servi...
- Kevin Mulligan President of CDK Mobile Systems Kevin Mulligan has 30 years of experience with military ground su...