SITA is the number one ICT provider of Integrated IT business solutions and communication services for the air transport industry. SITA works closely with every sector of the air transport community, innovating, developing and managing business solutions over the world's most extensive network, complemented by consultancy in the design, deployment and integration of IT solutions.
Air Transport IT Applications and Servicesmore
Almost every airline and airport in the world does business with SITA.
SITA provides the broadest portfolio for the air transport industry, including:
I. Managed global communications, infrastructure and outsourcing services
- Value-added network services: SITA provides communication services across the world's largest global network in over 200 countries and territories, supporting more than 3,200 customers, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 95% of all international destinations are covered by SITA ‘s extensive network
- The truly global SITA ATI cloud is currently pre-connected to 380 airports, 17,000 air transport sites and 15,000 aircraft
II. Services for airline commercial management, passenger operations, flight operations, aircraft operations, air-to-ground communications, airport management and operations, baggage operations, transportation security and border management, cargo operations and more.
- SITA provides IT solutions to airlines, global distribution systems (GDS), major travel management companies, online portals, railway companies and government border-management agencies.
- SITA remains the only provider to deliver an integrated, seamless end-to-end, self-service passenger experience through solutions from check-in (passenger and baggage) to boarding to border security. 1.3 billion passengers have been checked in using SITA's CUTE
- SITA provides air-ground communications over an integrated network of more than 1,100 VHF data-link ground stations across more than 160 countries. SITA ensures 13,500 aircrafts are connected using SITA's aircraft communication services with 100 million Type B messages carried per day, 4.6 million flight plans delivered per year.
- SITA enables airlines and airports authorities to cost-effectively manage passenger baggage, including screening, sorting, transportation and successful collection. SITA's WorldTracer is the No. 1 Baggage Tracing Network. WorldTracer traces millions of mishandled bags worldwide each year.
Integrated Airport Technology Systems
SITA's airport services focus on the complete integration of technology systems at airports. As result SITA helps airports collaborate with all stakeholders, from airlines to concessionaires, to increase efficiency, maximize passenger satisfaction and improve financial performance. SITA has a unique understanding of the complexities of running an airport day to day, and our solutions embrace technologies like business intelligence, NFC, Beacons and the ATI Cloud.
SITA's solutions for passenger and baggage processing, departure and arrival control, terminal management and multimedia display systems set the standards for efficiency to help airports to achieve operational excellence.
- Passenger management solutions: 5,500 check-in kiosks combined with over 30,000 CUTE workstations deployed in more than 382 airport locations worldwide, checking in more than 1.3 billion passengers.
- Baggage management solutions: SITA baggage systems are installed at more than 70 major airports around the world, including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cairo, Chicago, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Singapore and Toronto. SITA also provides Automated Bag Drop solutions in Singapore, Melbourne and Brisbane to name a few.
- Airport operations solutions: SITA's Airport Management gives greater control over the airport operations, simplifying their complexity and improving profitability. To date 90 Airports and Operators are using SITA Resource Management and AODB Solutions, and 25 Airports using SITA's digital audio solutions.
- Passenger Flow Monitoring: SITA's end-to-end passenger flow monitoring capabilities allow airports to capture and access real-time data at all stages of the passenger journey. Deployed in over 17 airports, the solution helps shrink security queues and get passengers to their gates quicker, allowing more dwell time and increasing retail sales.
- Infrastructure and communications solutions: SITA's airport reach over shared MPLS at more than 350 Airports and aggregated private MPLS deployed across 180 airports allowing enablement of Wi-Fi and Gatelink, 64 Airports connected to AirportHub Wireless and 400 airports have a shared infrastructure.
- Border Control and Security solutions: SITA's iBorders Border Management is the most comprehensive solution available in the market today. From the provision of traveler information ( iBorders TravelerData) to the analysis of complex data sets for risk assessment ( iBorders RiskManagement) to providing complete situational awareness of every aspect of border operations (iBorders BorderOperations), iBorders enables governments to transform border security and ensure the country stays open for legitimate travel, tourism and trade. The iBorders portfolio is the most widely deployed border security portfolio available anywhere in the world today with deployments in 23 countries.
Air Traffic Control Services
SITA AIRCOM's air traffic control services enables air traffic service (ATS) providers implementing data-link
applications to connect to the AIRCOM network, offering data and voice communications with SITA AIRCOM customer's aircraft. More than 1,500 customer-aircraft use SITA's advanced future air navigation system avionics, enabling pilots to use data-link instead of voice.
Today SITA is focusing on supporting the transition of air traffic management from an analogue to a digital communication, navigation and surveillance infrastructure. This includes controller pilot data link communications (CPDLC) and automatic dependent surveillance broadcast (ADS-B).
CategoriesView all Categories
The Airline IT Trends Survey 2014
The Airline IT Trends Survey, which is co-sponsored by Airline Business and SITA, shows a continued upward tre...
The Baggage Report 2014
This edition of the annual SITA Baggage Report highlights how far the industry has come in tackling baggage mi...
Beacon Technology Insight Paper
ï»¿Beacons emitting a Bluetooth signal are starting to appear in shops to guide customers around the store, pr...
The Next Big Thing in Air Travel - Insight Paper
ï»¿Smartphones may have been hogging the innovation spotlight in recent times, however, turning up almost unno...
The Era of the Intelligent Airport
The Intelligent Airport has become more than just a vision, having the potential to become a reality all over...
26 Chemin de Joinville (B.P. 31, 1216 Cointrin )
1216 Cointrin , Geneva
- Aircraft Data Viewer - Aircraft specifications at your fingertips
- AviPLAN - Empowering Aviation Planners
- Airport Information Systems Limited AIS provides airport management systems; designed to power the va...
- Jotron Jotron's range of radios enable reliable ground to air communicat...
- Øivind Ramde Global Business Development Manager Rico... A founder of Ricochet, Øivind has since led the product’s softwar...
- Kevin Faulkner Business Development Director Responsible for account management and customer satisfaction ensu...