- Location: Hertfordshire, UK
- Salary: Salary dependant on experience
- Job Type: Permanent Full Time
About the position
Due to our continued expansion both domestically and internationally, Silent Sentinel are recruiting a Sales Engineer to support the sales team on a day to day basis, both technically and commercially.
The Sales Engineer will be office based at our headquarters in Hertfordshire and will be responsible for driving sales by up-selling to selected accounts, dealing with and qualifying new enquiries, updating the CRM and offering technical assistance both pre and post sales.
The Sales Engineer will also be required to travel domestically and internationally as and when required. The Sales Engineer will be expected to become an important part of the sales team and should be a positive, resilient, proactive, innovative individual who is willing to offer support and expertise to the sales team/company as and when needed.
The Sales Engineer should be comfortable in a client facing sales role and should ideally be from the CCTV/high Security industry or be a recent graduate with a degree which is relevant to the role (engineering or science). This role would also suit an experienced CCTV engineer / project engineer who is looking to progress towards a sales career. Being a self-motivated and dynamic person with a good understanding of surveillance systems with a willingness to work out of hours where necessary.
Technical and sales experience of CCTV cameras (thermal and video cameras) is desirable, with experience in radar and 3rd Party VMS’s being very advantageous.
· Manage selected accounts and new enquiries on a daily basis.
· Preparing business proposals/quotations/documentation and offers for customers, on the basis of the needs identified, tender requirements whilst co-ordinating information with the technical and production department/s.
· Monitor and communicate the progress of the current orders to ensure the smooth management of the client’s expectations (pre/post delivery).
· Ensure any special requests (pre and post sale) are being actioned accordingly.
· Identifying business opportunities and upsell the products and solutions available within the company portfolio to both existing and potential customers.
· Perform product demonstrations and presentations as required (usually alongside a sales consultant).
· Offering technical assistance both pre and post sales. This would include organising, setting up and delivering product demonstrations (usually alongside a sales consultant). The role will also involve offering limited remote technical support/onsite assistance when required after the sale to ensure that the equipment is being deployed and operated as expected.
· Assist the sales consultants when needed.
· Offer basic level training / product familiarisation to clients.
· Support and play an important part in developing and creating the sales/marketing literature
· and documentation as required.
· Attend trade exhibitions as required (including setting up / dismantling equipment at the shows).
· Keep technical knowledge up-to-date including helping to identify formal training needs.
· Keeping appraised of the competition.
· Contribute positively to our culture of continuous improvement.
Other desirable skills / acquirements
· Good knowledge of the Security Systems industry and an understanding of system design
· CCTV, Radar, VTS & Fire, would be highly advantageous.
· A good core technical ability and capable of learning new technical information quickly.
· Excellent written, mathematics, communication and presentation abilities.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Pipedrive (CRM).
Advanced Excel skills would be advantageous.
· Excellent communications skills.
· Experience of managing tender responses, processes, estimates and business proposals.
· Experience in security manufacturing sales, account management, developing new business and building and maintaining working relationships (externally and internally).
· Previous experience selling thermal imaging cameras and electric optical (EO)solutions.
· Experience with prime, distribution and OEM sales channels.
· Degree qualification in a relevant area (technical or sales) would be advantageous.