- Location: Reading, UK
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Permanent
About the position
This is not your typical Customer Service position, you will be part of our specialist scientific team who are the first point of contact for new and existing clients to Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL).
RSSL is an independent global leader at the forefront of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training providing services to the Global food and pharmaceutical sectors as well as its parent company Mondelēz International. RSSL is a world class supplier of scientific and technical solutions enhanced by industry leading customer service.
We now have an exciting opportunity for you to join RSSL’s Customer Service team. In this role, you will be the first point of contact for customers, accountable for managing a range of enquiries relating to potential new projects, collating quotes and responding to other general requests for information and ensuring that they are actioned appropriately. You will be part of our friendly team who work closely alongside our technical and sales colleagues to ensure we provide the right solution for each of our clients.
You are an excellent communicator, with a passion for customer service and a background in a scientific discipline. You have strong attention to detail, the ability to engage with unfamiliar technical information and the capability to manage multiple priorities without sacrificing accuracy. You seek a role that brings you new challenges every day while requiring you to provide world class customer service.
- To answer and respond to customer enquiries in a timely manner (within 24 hours) issuing quotations as appropriate. Ensure client satisfaction by acting as the principal interface to respond to their requests whilst delivering an excellent personal customer service.
- To optimise client calls by ‘selling-on’ other services to the client where appropriate. Identify, and pass on sales opportunities to the wider Commercial Team where relevant.
- Collaborate with the wider Operations team to ensure client requirements are met in a timely manner. Manage the collation of multi-department quotations.
- Co-ordinate client teleconferences in order to scope project requirements to enable quotes to be prepared and issued.
- Provide support to wider Commercial Team including giving ad-hoc tours of the facility and provide general support with the collation of proposals. Aid in identifying (potential) customer issues and raise these with the appropriate senior team.
- Know the legal and compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with, or you learn of, an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct
Other desirable skills / acquirements
- Educated to Degree / HNC level in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management and priority setting
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent inter-personal skills and technical credibility, to interact effectively with clients and colleagues by telephone, written communication and face-to-face
- Team player, plus ability to work on own initiative
- An organised approach, capable of working on several projects at any one time
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Outgoing proactive approach, energy, drive, enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others
- Practical laboratory experience
- Customer services experience
We reserve the right to close to applications at any time should we receive sufficient application numbers; late applications will not be considered and therefore we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
To apply click here:
RSSL Customer Services