- Location: Reading, UK
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Permanent
About the position
What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Pharmaceutical Development laboratory performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation.
In this role you will contribute towards this by being an Account Manager for the Pharmaceutical sector and growing the business to meet RSSL’s financial targets
In the nominated accounts the role will:
- Grow revenues to set targets
- Develop customer management strategies
- Lead high value opportunities as required
Also provide support to commercial team activities.
- To be the account manager for a number designated accounts acting as the principal contact between the client and RSSL operation teams in order to achieve sales growth.
- Optimise calls by ‘selling-on’ other services to the client, where appropriate.
- Monitor multi laboratory projects, ensuring that work is carried out in a timely manner and reports are sent out as per customer requirements.
- Assist the Customer Services team as required at periods of peak demand to ensure that clients are provided with a professional service and act as the liaison between RSSL lab staff and clients.
- Generally assist the Head of Sales (Senior Group Leader Sales) and wider commercial team as required.
- Represent RSSL at external events (conferences, exhibitions, seminars, industry meetings) in order to grow sales.
- Support the Commercial team with the co-ordination and collation of RFI’s proposals and tenders as required.
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
Other desirable skills / experiences
- Customer service and sales experience
- Have a proven scientific background with recognised qualification - HND or equivalent qualification
- Have an understanding of laboratory work and its application to solving customer problems
- Full UK driving licence
- The personality and technical credibility to develop excellent working relationships with both clients and laboratory staff
- Outgoing proactive approach, energy, drive, enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others
- Team player, plus ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact effectively by telephone, written communication and face-to-face
- An organised approach, capable of working on several projects at any one time
- The ability to offer valuable advice and guidance on a broad range of scientific techniques to client
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Project management skills
We reserve the right to close to applications at any time should we receive sufficient application numbers; late applications will not be considered and therefore we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
To apply for this role please click here: