Turning technology into military advantage
Roke is a long established and trusted defence company providing state-of-the-art solutions, technology and products to the UK and international defence markets. Our work includes:
- Substantial prime and sub-contracting experience in delivering solutions to meet Urgent Operational Requirements (UORs)
- Product development for the MoD and defence suppliersmore
Roke’s focus is on the development, exploitation and through life support of defence technology in the following areas:
Support to Operations
Rapid delivery of solutions to address Urgent Operational Requirements (UORs):
- Rapidly Engineered Solutions– robust and yet flexible processes allow us to deliver within short timescales.
- Minimised Training Requirements– our defence product design expertise results in minimised pre-deployment training which is critical in quickly delivering full operational capability.
- Minimised Logistics Footprint– knowledge gained from civil communications technology are applied which result in small size, weight and power characteristics.
Roke supply both front-line equipment and modelling / analysis tools to assist in future planning:
- RESOLVE – an integrated tactical electronic warfare suite for the detection, interception and geolocation of communications signals. The key elements comprise:
- QuadTac - on-the-march manpack configuration
- Quadrant – Broadband HF antenna
- AGS / N-Channel AGS – Acquisition and geolocation sensor
- DWR16 / MCDWR16 – Digital wideband receivers
- HALO™ - Acoustic weapon location system in use by the British Army and other nations armed forces.
- Miniature Radar Altimeter– The World’s smallest radar altimeter solution for UAVs and aerial targets.
- Epsilon™ - Radar Cross Section (RCS) prediction software to assist in the design of military platforms or for target data in engagement simulations.
Size, weight, reliability, scalability, schedule and cost are critical for most of all defence product developments. Working in commercial markets means we make use of often cutting edge technology and production methods.
We offer a full product development service from concept through to field ready design and production:
- Hardware design
- Software development
- Mechanical design
- Thermal / RF planning
- Manufacture and factory support
- Approvals and compliance testing
Quantifying Military Benefit
Consultancy to establish the complex inter-dependency of defence systems to determine the benefits realised by the introduction of new technology:
- Comprehensive methodology employed to capture capability
- Investment returns identified
Enabling Future Capability
Mapping of future technologies to expected gaps in defence capability:
- Roke works at the forefront of technological development
- Technical de-risking undertaken using simulations / demonstrators
- Roke is a member of Systems Engineering for Autonomous Systems DTC and Electromagnetic Remote Sensing DTC less
UAV Autonomous Landing System
Roke Manor Research Ltd introduce a new UAV autonomous landing system...
Gavin O'Connell Appointed as Electronic Warfare Business Development Manager
Roke Manor Research Limited has appointed Gavin O’Connell, a former Ro...article posted by Roke Manor Research Limited
Roke Extends Electronic Warfare Capability with TriQuad System
Roke Extends Electronic Warfare Capability with TriQuad System, a ligh...article posted by Roke Manor Research Limited
Military radar systems are important for all C4ISR operations. Tracking radar has several...
Information, intelligence and research and three schools of thought within the military...
Military electronics solutions for all tactical, defence and peacekeeping applications,...
C4ISR - Definition and Meaning. Find suppliers of command, control, communications,...
Information Superiority – Enabling the Need to Share
A paper highlighting the growing importance of information superiority in modern warfighting.
ExpertsView all Experts
Roke Manor Research Limited
Old Salisbury Lane
SO51 0ZN, Romsey
- CMCA Group CMCA Group of Companies design, manufacture and support high spec...
- Scandinavian Micro Systems Scandinavian Micro Systems specialize in producing high quality n...
- Marcus Taylor Technical Officer Middle East, Africa &... With 7 years’ service in the British Army’s Royal Corps of Signal...
- Ashley Labrosse Managing Director Ashley is the Managing Director at Communications Specialist Ltd.