FLEX & FLEX_App : multi-technology RFID and NFC integration modules
The new multi-functional and multi-technology RFID module FLEX gets its name from its extreme flexibility in applications.
FLEX is a cost-effective RFID read/write module, suited for use with transponders in all common 13,56MHz technologies. This universal application possibility offers enormous advantages compared to other modules supporting just one technology.
The FLEX module is built around the LEGIC 4x00 RFID chip series; depending on the requirements, either a 4200, 4200M, 4500 or 4500 M LEGIC chip can be mounted.
Its compact size, the integrated interfaces and a 3, 3V to 5V supply voltage allow a substantial application advantage over conventional modules.
FLEX is available in 2 versions :
- FLEX : a complete module for various 13.56 MHz tag types. Available with a selection of different interfaces.
- FLEX_App : also supporting various 13.56 MHz tag types, FLEX_App offers the feature of direct access to the core LEGIC Advant 4200 chip, allowing the user to develop his own customer-specific applications.
The FLEX module also offers a useful keyboard emulation mode (HID function) which allows easy connection over USB without the need to install special drivers.
Examples of supported RFID technologies :
- LEGIC RF :
- LEGIC Prime
- LEGIC Advant
- ISO 14443A+B, up to 424 kb/s :
- Mifare Classic 1k/4k
- Mifare Ultralight
- Mifare DESFire
- NXP SmartMX
- Infineon SLE
- ISO 15693 :
- Tag-It HFI
- Infineon SRF55VxxP
- ISO18000-3 mode 1
- ISO 18092/NFC (passive mode, initiator, selected tag types)
- HID iClass (ISO15693 UID only)
- Sony Felica (ISO18092)
- Inside Contactless (UID only)
- Dimensions : 31 x 26 x 4 mm
- Interfaces available :
- Standard : asynchronous serial TTL-level
- Optional : USB 2.0 HID function ( keyboard emulation ) for easy connection over USB. (No special drivers required.)
- On request : Clock & Data, Wiegand, asynchronous serial RS232 true or RS485 via external driver circuit
- External antenna : pcb-antenna 64 x 40 x 2 mm or customer-specific (antenna not supplied with the module)
- Read range : up to 80 mm (depending on transponder type, antenna and environmental conditions)
- Power supply : 3,3 V to 5V DC ± 5%
- Duplicate read control
- Temperature range : -25°C to + 80°C