Novo Nordisk Pharmatech A/S was established in 1949 as FeF Chemicals, acquired by Novo Nordisk in 1986 and has been part of the pharmaceutical group since then.
On 1 September 2015 the company’s name was changed to Novo Nordisk Pharmatech A/S. It is the leading worldwide supplier of recombinant insulin for cell growth media and pharmaceutical grade quaternary ammonium compounds (Quats) for the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and personal care industries.more
These products are manufactured to cGMP standards, and in both product areas the company has distinguished itself for:
- Global regulatory compliance
- Consistent high quality
- Extensive regulatory documentation
- Continuous availability
- Secure global supply chain
- High levels of service and support
Novo Nordisk Pharmatech has become the leading supplier of insulin for cell culture processes by providing excellence at every step of the supply chain – beginning with the quality of its insulin, which is sourced directly from Novo Nordisk, the world’s largest producer. Its recombinant insulin is a key component in serum free growth media for mammalian cells. It is used for the manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies, virus vaccines, gene therapy products and many other biological drug products approved by regulatory bodies worldwide, including FDA and EMA.
High-Purity Quaternary Ammonium Compounds (Quats)
An innovative synthesis process makes Novo Nordisk Pharmatech a leading supplier of crystalline Quats for a wide range of applications. High levels of purity make them particularly suited for pharmaceutical applications, such as vaccine production. They act either as preservatives or active ingredients in many ophthalmic, nasal, oral and topical drugs and in a variety of solutions, ointments and creams. Their purity and characteristics are also ideal for a range of personal care products.
Triple bottom line
Novo Nordisk Pharmatech manages its business in accordance with the Triple Bottom Line (TBL) business principle, conducting activities in a financially, environmentally and socially responsible way,less
Pharmaceutical API manufacturing refers to the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in a...
Cell culture is the process by which cells are grown under controlled conditions,...
Drug development companies and trusted suppliers offering a range of services and...
Laboratory services equipment suppliers that are approved internationally offering a range...
Novo Nordisk Pharmatech A/S
- Dr Kerry Johanson Chief Operations Officer Dr. Kerry Johanson received his BS and PhD degrees in chemical en...
- Dr. Kevin Ward Director of R&D World renowned expert in freeze drying, Kevin lectures on freeze...
- Webinar: How to Resolve Conflict Within Multinational Organisations So That Everyone Flourishes <strong>About Our Complimentary Webinars</strong> NSF Internatio...
- GMP for Clinical Trials Manufacture and Supply <strong>About This Course</strong> Keeping up with the changing...