- Location: Horsham
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Job Type: Engineering / Quality Assurance
About the position
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer to provide support to the Group Quality Manager across 2 sites, mainly based at FMS Ltd in the centre of Horsham but occasional visits to head office in Slinfold will be required.
· managing internal and external quality concerns from customers and suppliers, investigating the root cause of problems and implementing corrective and preventative actions
· liaising with customers and suppliers on all aspects of quality to ensure quality standards are met
· required to carry out internal and supplier audits
· provide backup to inspection teams including measuring and reporting
Other desirable skills / acquirements
· You will be expected to have high attention to detail, work as part of the Quality team and be a helpful support to the Group Quality Manager.
· ability to read technical engineering drawings and carry out measurements of component parts to ensure conformity to drawings and tolerances
· The ideal candidate will be educated to HNC or degree level or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline with experience in a mechanical engineering quality environment.
· working knowledge of ISO9001
· CMM programming and measuring capabilities using PC-DMIS software
· previous experience of product inspection routines.
· Internal and suppliers auditing experience