- Location: Malvern, UK
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Permanent
About the position
Malvern Instruments designs, manufactures, markets and supports advanced analytical instrumentation worldwide, across many industries, for the characterization of a wide variety of materials, producing instruments that deliver industrially relevant data for our customers.
Malvern Instruments is proud to create an environment for its employees in which they can learn, be challenged and reach their maximum potential. We pride ourselves in supporting the continued professional development of all of our staff through training and further qualifications. Our strength has always been our people and their dedication to their work. Malvern Instruments can offer the right candidates the ability to develop their knowledge and skills as well as good opportunities for future progression.
We are looking to recruit an Account Manager to join our commercial team.
Other desirable skills / acquirements
The successful candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, or related field of science.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- At least two years’ experience selling scientific instruments (e.g. materials characterization, spectroscopy, microscopy, image analysis, particle size, biologic or analytical) to at least two of the following market sectors:
- Biotechnology, Biopharmaceutical, Industrial, Life Science and Pharmaceutical
- Action oriented and self-driven for results
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and good, ethical, business judgment
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good listener
- Substantiated capability to negotiate and close business
- Adaptive to dynamic and changing environment
- Matured disposition, positive attitude and strong sense of commitment
Previous sales experience combined with a proven track record in business development will be considered as a benefit.
The position is home-based at a suitable location to allow easy access to core customers in the UK South territory. The position will invariably require an appropriate level of travelling and working hours to meet the nature of a field sales role with aggressive targets. The candidate must hold a full UK driving licence and valid passport.
Malvern Instruments is at an exciting stage in its growth and as such can offer the right candidate the ability to develop their knowledge and skills as well as good opportunities for future progression.
Benefits include a competitive salary, company car, a defined contribution pension scheme, life assurance, a company profit share scheme, share save scheme, and a healthcare plan.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter clearly outlining why you feel you are the right candidate for this role, along with your salary expectations.
Please note that owing to the high number of applications received we will ordinarily only contact you if you are invited to interview. All data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Malvern is an ethical employer and we ask candidates not to share confidential information about other organizations, including their current employer, during any interview for a position within our organization.