Isode has been delivering server software products, central to military messaging and directory deployments, worldwide for over 20 years. They are a trusted provider of messaging infrastructure products for messaging over Military Messaging and Internet Protocols, as well as gateways to connect military with military or non-military messaging systems.
Isode have a strong engineering focus with 75% of their staff dedicated to writing and/or testing code. Partnering with only experienced systems integrators they deliver successful, competitive, secure and scalable messaging and directory solutions to militaries, intelligence services, aviation authorities and governments worldwide.
Directory services are a critical military component, used for tactical and strategic systems. Military directories, specified by ACP 133, are used to provide information services, support of military messaging, and as supporting infrastructure for other applications such as PKI (Public Key Infrastructure).
The M-Vault X.500 directory server provides a unique set of security features, including Strong Authentication based on X.509 PKI, Security Policy, Rule Based Access Control based on Security Labels, Audit Logging and Password Policy.
M-Vault comes with full ACP 133 support and conformance, including GUI support for data administration, and using our Sodium Sync product flexible directory synchronization with LDAP directories is provided.
Secure XMPP for Military Use
Isode’s M-Link (together with their Swift XMPP Client) was the first XMPP server to gain a listing on the DISA Approved Products List and is used by militaries in Europe, North America and the Middle-East. M-Link is also the server behind JChat+ which is the system delivering instant messaging, multi-user chat and structured forms services within NATO's Afghan Mission and Federated Mission Networks.
Isode has incorporated security features that make M-Link the natural choice for XMPP in military, intelligence and government deployments. These features include support for security labels, data confidentiality using TLS and support for SASL authentication, Kerberos authentication and Strong Authentication for client/server and for server/server connections.
Along with the abundance of security features Isode have ensured M-Link has a range of capabilities for operating over networks with low bandwidth, including support for Federated Multi-User Chatrooms and XML stream compression. M-Link can also be configured to act as a gateway between XMPP Multi-user chat rooms and IRC channels.
Formal Military Messaging over SMTP
Formal messaging is used by the military to handle commands, and is primarily communication between roles and organisations rather than individuals.
Isode’s M-Switch SMTP MTA comes with a range of security and management capabilities that make it ideal for military messaging
Operation over constrained networks is vital for many Military deployments. Isode offers a SMTP messaging solution based on the ACP142 military specification. This provides optimized communication for both point to point and multicast networks, and operation in EMCON (Emission Control or Radio Silence). This can be operated over IP networks such as Satcom and fast radio links. Isode also supports direct operation of STANAG 5066 to give optimal performance for HF Radio.
Military Messaging Gateways
Isode provides three gateway products:
- ACP127 Gateway: Based on Isode’s widely deployed M-Switch MTA and enables exchange of ACP127 messages with STANAG 4406 (including ACP145) and SMTP systems and operation over HF Radio using STANAG 5066.
- ACP145 Gateway: Provides STANAG 4406 edition 2 with digital signatures and security labels. It is designed to interconnect national military networks operating according to different profiles. M-Switch can be deployed as an ACP145 Gateway, including support for Security Labels and Message Digital Signatures.
- M-Switch MIXER: Provides a gateway between SMTP and standard STANAG 4406
Clients Designed for Military Users
- The Swift XMPP client is suitable for single-user use and large-scale deployments in security conscious environments. Features include easy status setting, security label support, keyword/phrase highlighting and message acknowledgement.
- The web and Android versions of the Harrier Military Messaging client, which is the latest product added to the Isode portfolio and currently on beta release, provides a number of Military features. Some of these are simply presenting standard email capabilities in a Military way, others follow the extended family of standards and in particular RFC 6477
- Military Data Systems
- Data Communication Systems
- Encrypted Communications
- Military Communication Systems
- Military Software
- Mobile Communication Systems
- Satellite Communication Systems
- Fixed Communication Systems
Isode’s High Grade Messaging Solution
This whitepaper looks at Isode’s Military Messaging solution, covering end user Web and Mobile clients, messag...
- Location: Hampton, Middlesex, UK
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Permanent
14 Castle Mews
TW12 2NP, Hampton