GMG GmbH & Co. KG, founded in 1984, is a software company with the headquarters in Tuebingen, Germany. GMG has local offices and distribution networks throughout Europe, in Australia, Asia, the US and South America. The company specialises in high-end color management and proofing for the entire graphic arts industry.
Today, more than 10,000 systems have been sold across the industry spectrum from ad agencies, prepress houses and offset, flexo, packaging, digital and large-format printers to international gravure printing plantsmore
GMG Proofing Solutions
GMG offers the following proofing solutions for packaging proof applications:
- GMG ColorProof: The standard contone proofing software provides the most accurate way of calibrating digital inkjet proofing engines to produce digital contract color proofs precisely matched to the printing process. GMG ColorProof supports all standard spot color systems and is compatible with standard ICC profiles that can be combined with GMG profiles. It is suitable for advertising agencies, photographers, print buyers, publishing houses, prepress businesses and printers in the fields of illustration, advertising and commercial printing.
- GMG FlexoProof: The proofing standard for prepress businesses and printers in the packaging and label sector. GMG FlexoProof is specifically designed for halftone digital proofing of flexographic/package printing jobs. GMG FlexoProof includes the GMG SpotColor editor, to manage special colors, and includes the Pantone® Library. Both printing substrate color and structure – such as paper fibers or corrugated board – can be reproduced in the proof. The DotProof module generates contract-quality halftone proofs from the same 1-bit data used by the film or platesetter RIP.
- The GMG FlexoProof XG (Extended Gamut) module, an option for GMG FlexoProof, enables users to make the most of the expanded color gamut of Epson Stylus Pro x900 and HP Designjet Z3200 printers, allowing far more spot colors to be simulated in a halftone proof. Until now, an extended gamut could only be produced using expensive and slow thermal halftone proofing systems.
- The combination of GMG proofing software and the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 white ink printer is suitable for high end contone and halftone proofing on transparent or metallic foils. GMG’s groundbreaking color management technology implemented in the GMG printer driver for the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 provides the best possible color accuracy and repeatability. Unrivaled quality and repeatability can be produced even for spot colors and white simulation in flexographic, offset and gravure printing.
A perfect supplement to the GMG proofing solutions is:
- GMG ProofControl: The quality control software for proofs. Suitable for remote proofing users, print buyers, prepress businesses, printers and anyone who wants to create a common and reliable basis for communicating color with proofs
GMG Color Management Solution
Creation of color- accurate packaging mockups and digital proofing on every substrate:
In times of growing competition, prepress businesses and printers are forced to confront topics like in-house standardisation, process optimisation and automation. Packaging design and print houses need to produce top-quality, contract-level packaging proofs and mockups very quickly along with color-managed packaging that can hold corporate colors well.
- GMG ColorServer performs fully automatic color conversions from one color standard to another and for all printing processes - RGB-to-CMYK conversions, RGB data optimization, PDF to PDF conversions, etc.
- GMG InkOptimizer additionally optimises the print data by reducing the level of chromatic inks and simultaneously increasing the black component. The printing process is far more stable and greatly simplified as a result, allowing ink savings of up to 20 % on press.
- GMG SmartProfiler is a Wizard that enables users to easily calibrate and profile a wide variety of output devices. GMG SmartProfiler is available as an additional option in combination with GMG ColorServer.
- GMG ColorServer and GMG SmartProfiler software together permit consistent and accurate color results in digital proofing on original substrates and production of color-accurate packaging mockups. The combination of GMG ColorServer/GMG SmartProfiler and UV inkjet printers such as the UJF-605 printer series from Mimaki or the Roland VersaUV LEC-330 enables digital proofing on original substrates such as shrink or metallic foils, tin and compound boards and the production of color-accurate packaging mockups – including white ink and varnish support. less
Color Management Solutions: Large Format Printing
Need same color rendering results no matter what the production method...
GMG Color Management and Process Control for Offset Printing
'Wherever a Color Goes it Stays that Color' Regardless of the material...
GMG Color Management Solutions for Packaging Printing
This animation explains the benefits of the GMG color management solut...
GMG Solutions for Remote Proofing
Transporting the approved proofs to the different production sites can...
GMG Color Management Solutions for Digital Printing
GMG Color's range of Management Solutions for Digital Printing offers...
GMG & Studio404 in Colour Collaboration at Packaging Innovations
GMG Color & Studio404 team up to highlight ‘brand critical’ colour man...article posted by GMG GmbH & Co. KG
Brownett Solves the Flexo Proofing Problem
GMG FlexoProof Provides for Fast, Accurate Contract Proofsarticle posted by GMG GmbH & Co. KG
Clicks Digital Solutions Turns to GMG for Consistent Colour-Calibrated Results
Since installing a range of GMG software applications, including Color...article posted by GMG GmbH & Co. KG
Impressing Customers With New Proofing Technologies
Janoschka GmbH, based in Kippenheim, combines the Epson Stylus Pro WT...article posted by GMG GmbH & Co. KG
Time to Market as a Success Factor
With its digital production of packaging prototypes made of the origin...article posted by GMG GmbH & Co. KG
Athena Graphics on its Digital Way to Perfect Color in Packaging Proofing
Athena Graphics team their new Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 printer with GM...article posted by GMG GmbH & Co. KG
Image GalleriesView all Galleries
CategoriesView all Categories
GMG and matchmycolor LLC Enter Partnership
matchmycolor LLC and GMG are working together to enhance precision and efficiency in global color management.
GMG ColorProof: Now With Windows 8 Support
GMG Color's latest version 5.4.2 of its GMG ColorProof now supports the new Windows 8 Operating System.
GMG ColorProof Brochure
The solution to producing digital contract proofs
GMG ColorServer Brochure
Create uniform color standards easily with ColorServe
GMG Connect Brochure
Connect provides efficient and networked color management workflows
GMG DotProof Brochure
Digital halftone proof allowing direct processing of 1-bit imagesetter data
GMG FlexoProof Brochure
Designed to meet the requirements of the packaging and flexo markets
GMG InkOptimizer Brochure
Automatic ink reduction software solution
GMG ProofControl Brochure
A guarantee for quality control and reliability based on a defined standard
ExpertsView all Experts
GMG GmbH & Co. KG
Moempelgarder Weg 10
D-72072 , Tuebingen
- Dantex Graphic Limited Dantex is a leading supplier of letterpress, flexographic and pho...
- Positive ID Labels Positive ID Labels is a UK based manufacturer of reel to reel sel...
- Kristof Van Cleemput Global Communications Manager Kristof has more than 10 years of experience in the digital print...