The Federal Office of Information Management and Information Technology of the Bundeswehr (IT-AmtBw) has commissioned ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH to implement the third and final stage of the ADLER product improvement (PV). ADLER enables the optimal coordination of command, reconnaissance and effects capabilities in the artillery system network.
ADLER Weapon Deployment System
This product improvement clearly boosts the performance of the command & control (C2) and weapon deployment system, a system tried and tested over many years. The objective of the PV ADLER is to implement from 2013 a standardised C2 and weapon deployment system in the entire Joint Fire Support (JFS) and thereby in all parts of indirect fire too. The C2 and weapon deployment system ADLER will then secure the information exchange will then secure the information exchange with the army's higher-level command & control information system (FüInfoSys Heer) as well as with the reconnaissance and weapon systems of the Bundeswehr and allied partners via standardised interfaces.
The ADLER weapon deployment system improvement is divided into three consecutive stages that build on each other and began in 2009. At the end of each stage, each version shows significantly increased capability. In addition to the optimisation of already-existing capabilities, special emphasis is also placed in the improvement project on:
- Unrestricted interoperability with the army command & control information system (FüInfoSys Heer)
- Simplification of the information exchange
- Intuitive and easy-to-use under stress (touch screen)
- Integration of new, long-range communication tools
- Harmonisation of the procedures under indirect fire (barrel, mortar, missile)
- Measures to extend and optimise the functionality
Stages 1 and 2 were successfully completed in 2009 and 2010 by ESG and accepted by the IT-AmtBw with the support of the Bundeswehr's artillery school.
- Hartech Technologies HarTech Technologies develop a variety of highly advanced command...
- Isode Isode has been delivering server software products, central to mi...
- Michael Hegarty Principal Marketing Engineer Michael Hegarty has over twenty years' experience with avionics n...
- Steve Rood Goldman Marketing Manager Steve Rood Goldman has over twenty years of experience in technic...