Data Device Corporation (DDC) introduces a new +3.3V version of our radiation tolerant SPACE-PHY Dual MIL-STD-1553 Transceiver/Transformer Device. SPACE-PHY, now available in both 3.3V and 5V versions, is a completely integrated MIL-STD-1553 physical layer in a single package, including dual transceivers and transformers, and is designed to connect with IP incorporated in an FPGA or custom MIL-STD-1553 protocol ASIC. The SPACE-PHY features an extended -55°C to +125°C temperature range, and 300 krads TID (Total Ionizing Dose) and >85 MeV SEE (Single Event Effects) radiation hardening, required for the extreme environmental conditions encountered in mission critical space applications.
- Compact integrated design saves space… replaces two transceivers and two transformers
- Single package simplifies layout and improves reliability (MTBF)
- Transformers and transceivers, trimmed and tested as a set, provide superior margin for MIL-STD-1553 compliance
- High reliability (Class H & K) screening, including:
- 100% non-destructive wire bond pull
- Condition “A” visual inspection
- Particle Impact Noise Detection (PIND) testing
- Radiographic (X-ray) inspection
- 320-hour burn-in
“To support expanding low voltage networking requirements in radiation and space environments, DDC introduces the new 3.3V SPACE-PHY, providing an integrated Class H or K certified MIL-STD-1553 solution” stated Mike Hegarty, DDC’s Data Bus Product Line Manager.
- Scandinavian Micro Systems Scandinavian Micro Systems specialize in producing high quality n...
- Communications Specialist Communication Specialists is one of the leading remote and long r...
- Marcus Taylor Technical Officer Middle East, Africa &... With 7 years’ service in the British Army’s Royal Corps of Signal...
- Ashley Labrosse Managing Director Ashley is the Managing Director at Communications Specialist Ltd.