- Location: Greater Copenhagen Area, Denmark
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Permanent
About the position
BBHS is bridging the gap between the parties in aviation, to improve quality and passenger experience, to improve productivity and work environment, thus creating value for airports, baggage handlers and airlines alike. BBHS just won the IATA Innovation Award. The prize is considered the “Champions League” of the aviation industry and was awarded to BBHS in May 2017. This has created an eagerness to use our solutions, so we need yet another Technical Project Manager. This could be you!
Further Information and application For further information regarding the position; please contact Birgit O’Sullivan (Tel +45 5122 1979, firstname.lastname@example.org). Send your application with CV marked "Technical Project Manager, BBHS". There is no fixed deadline, as there will be an ongoing assessment.
All enquiries and applications will of course be handled confidentially.
BBHS was established in 2013 and develops intelligent Baggage Handling System for airports. The BBHS System solution is an add-on to existing Baggage Handling systems consisting of the following units: Departure and Arrival Consolidation Units and BBHS Carts. The solution keeps all baggage in a sorted order for optimized loading on to the aircraft according to Airline requirements and reduces manual baggage handling up to 95%.
BBHS is participating in EU Horizon 2020 research and innovation project. Besides this BBHS has received funding and guarantees from The Market Development Fund. For further information, please visit www.bbhs.dk.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project Management including determining specs for specific airport solutions, prepare documents & contracts, ensure that delivery dates, budget adherence and all demands are addressed together with customers / end-users / developers, as well as general on-going service deliveries.
- Machine Technology including selection of global machine suppliers, purchasing specifications, quality assurance, etc.
- Communication including on-site training on how to use the intelligent baggage handling system, so users at all levels can operate the BBHS solution, identify, share and re-use Best Practices, experiences, and lessons learned with airport customers and thereby ensure knowledge creation, sharing and maintenance, etc.
Other desirable skills / acquirements
- Engineer (B.Sc.) Machine / Production or Technical (Airport work-experience is an advantage)
- Documented project management skills (Prince2 certification and/or relevant work-experience)English, oral and written at negotiation level
- Travel to BBHS show room in Vojens (Denmark) and International airports (customers) must be expected, approx. 60 - 90 days per year
- Be proactive and take on responsibilities in a small focused and ambitious team
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Capable of interacting with customers and users at all levels
- Ability to build credibility and to retain good relationships with customers while preserving BBHS’ interests
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision and bureaucracy
The Technical Project Manager will report to CEO Martin Sattrup Christensen.