Dubai,United Arab Emirates
Established in 1981 by the Gulf Medical Projects Company, Al Zahra Hospital now operates at the following three sites: Al Zahra Private Hospital in Dubai (AZHD), Al Zahra Medical Center in Dubai, and Al Zahra Hospital in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. AZHD, located on Sheikh Zayed Road in Al Barsha, boasts state-of-the-art facilities and a bed capacity of 187. Compliant with international standards for medical safety, AZHD is committed to providing the highest quality medical care. In 2015, in an effort to optimize workflows, AZHD began searching for an all-in-one workstation solution that could be integrated with the hospital’s electronic medical record (EMR) systems, picture archiving and communicationsystem (PACS), and other information systems. The solution was designed to improve work efficiency by providing medical personnel with access to patient records and medical reports when in the emergency, recovery, and operating rooms.
AZHD required reliable all-in-one terminals that could allow staff access to medical reports, EMRs, PACS, and other information at patient bedsides to streamline workflows and increase operational efficiency. To satisfy these demands, the hospital selected Advantech’s POC-W181 18-inch widescreen medical computer, which features a fanless true flat bezel design, Intel® Core™ i7 processor, and 4GB of memory. Specifically designed for hospital environments, the POC-W181 medical computer is certified for medical safety, easy to clean, and offers good infection control. Additionally, the terminals can be easily integrated with the hospital’s existing infrastructure or mounted on a wall according to various application requirements.
Advantech’s POC-W181 medical computers were installed in the hospital’s emergency, recovery, and operating rooms. The terminals were mounted on the walls and integrated with other medical devices, such as vital sign monitors. Thus, patients’ vital sign information can be transmitted to the POC-W181 terminal via the LAN ports for storage in the hospital’s information system (HIS). This enables doctors and nurses to instantly view patients’ information and access the HIS/nursing information system (NIS) servers at patient bedsides.
In addition to satisfying the hospital’s requirements, Advantech’s POC-W181 all-in-one medical computers offer the following benefits:
- Compliance with various medical certifications and IT standards, including UL60601-1, EN60601-1, UL, CE, FCC, and CCC, to ensure provision of the highest quality healthcare.
- Customization flexibility, which allows the POC-W181 to be installed in different rooms according to various application demands.
- The fanless system design and IP65-rating for water anddust resistance enable easy cleaning and superior infection control.
- High-performance and high-quality terminals deliver reliable operations 24/7.
- Advantech’s strong customer service ensures local support and technical assistance.
For more information about Advantech’s medical computers, please visit http://www2.advantech.com.tw/products/point-of-care-terminals/sub_d4634b40-8ef8-4a7b-9e3f-8db928bcb975.aspxFor more information about Al Zahra Private Hospital, please visit http://azhd.ae/
- MDT Ges. f. Sonnenschutzsysteme GmbH As a medium-sized company based in Tägerwilen in Switzerland and...
- The Box B.V. The Box B.V. are tin packaging specialists, offering a wide selec...
- Kevin Kostiner Managing Director Are you looking for guidance in understanding the Internet of Thi...