Addagrip Terraco Limited are manufacturers of the Addagrip 1000 System designed to provide a cost effective and durable treatment for addressing the problem of spalled and frost damaged concrete pavements predominantly on airfields. Quick and easy to apply with the minimum of disruption the Addagrip 1000 System Resin not only protects, penetrates and seals the concrete surface but also prolongs its life for an estimated 10-20 years. A fine aggregate is applied to create a textured and anti-slip finish. more
Before the Addagrip 1000 System Resin can be applied, the surface is heat blasted using the Addagrip Hot Compressed Air System. This uses a combination of propane gas and compressed air, which is ignited in a special chamber so that it burns at approximately 10000C. Once this heat blast comes into contact with the concrete surface, it causes any water, oil or other liquid contaminants to vaporise from the surface leaving the concrete capillary pores, within the top few millimetres open and empty.
Immediately after the heating process, the Addagrip 1000 System epoxy resin is rollered/squeegeed onto the surface and as the concrete cools the Addagrip 1000 System Resin is drawn down into the structure of the concrete. A further application of Addagrip 1000 System Resin is then applied and a chosen aggregate applied to provide the finished wearing surface. Any loose aggregate is then swept up enabling the area to be quickly reopened to traffic.
Such is the versatility of the Addagrip 1000 System Resin that it is possible to undertake selective treatments in individual areas where weathering has taken place. This makes it ideal for application where limited resources require the most urgent areas to be prioritised.
The Addagrip 1000 System Resin has been utilised to make good poor quality concrete on both military and civil airfields throughout the United Kingdom and overseas over the last 30 years. Not only is it used to rejuvenate concrete surfaces without the need for expensive replacement, but at the same time it protects and seals the surface preventing loose aggregate from creating a FOD issue. Projects vary in size from 200 sq.m up to areas in excess of 100,000 sqm and include Taxiways, Helipads, Aircraft Stands and Runways.
High Quality Internal and External Surfacing
Established in 1980 and now part of the Terraco Group of Companies, Addagrip offers an extensive range of high quality internal and external surfacing systems. As well as the Addagrip 1000 System, the range includes:
- Addastone Resin Bonded Surfacing – providing a hard wearing paving with the look of loose aggregate but without the maintenance issues. Suitable for paths, patios, courtyards, driveways, parks, car parks and commercial schemes.
- Addaset, Terrabase Rustic, Addabound, Terrabound Resin Bound Porous Surfacing – a range of products providing smooth, seamless, porous, low maintenance surfacing that is practical and suitable for paths, patios, courtyards, driveways, swimming pool surrounds, parks, car parks and commercial schemes.
- Terrabase Rustic Resin Bound Porous Surfacing – our innovative new surfacing system that does not require a concrete or asphalt base, providing a rustic looking paving solution to pathways, courtyards, patios and driveways.
- Addacolor Resin Bound Surfacing – providing a splash of colour to create resin bound logos and patterns.
- Addagrip Terraco Ltd also offers a range of Industrial resin flooring systems for internal use which includes EP Addalevel SL2K, EP Addaflor, PU Addaflake, together with resin bound PU Addatex for a stone carpet effect and PU Floor Green Line, a bespoke designer resin flooring system. less
Airport floors and flooring is required to be robust enough to withstand the large amount...
Runway markings are important to indicate the area in which an aircraft should aim to land...
Addagrip House, Bell Lane Industrial Estate
TN22 1QL, Uckfield
- Hog Technologies Hog Technologies has a 30+ year history manufacturing solutions f...
- W-JET The W-JET road dryer and cleaner system eliminates expensive wai...
- Christina Krogh Marketing Manager Christina Krogh is Marketing Manager at Borum A/S. She has been w...
- Matthias Ewender Head of Airports & Airlines, Railways &... Heading the Airports Department within Lindner since 2011, I will...