EUROPEN - The European Organization for Packaging and the Environment - is an industry organization presenting the opinion of the packaging supply chain in Europe on topics related to packaging and the environment, without favouring any specific packaging material or system.
EUROPEN is open to any company with an economic and sustainability interest in packaging and packaged products. Our members are comprised of multinational corporate companies spanning the packaging supply chain (raw material producers, converters, packers/fillers and brand owners) plus national packaging associations all dedicated to resolving the environmental challenges facing the packaging supply chain in an active and co-operative manner, while favouring harmonised European and national packaging regulations in an EU Single Market for packaging and packaged goods.more
They take responsibility in continuously improving the environmental performance of their packaging and packaged products and are committed to contributing to supply chain resource efficiency as a crucial part of sustainable development as described in the Resource Efficiency Roadmap of the European Union.
EUROPEN aims to achieve a fully accessible European market for packaging and packaged products, while protecting the product and the environment.
EUROPEN strives to
- Improve environmental performance of packaging and packaged products based on life-cycle thinking
- Secure the free flow of packaging and packaged goods throughout Europe
- Promote harmonised European and national packaging and packaging waste regulations
- Conveys expert information, data, opinions and policy options to its members and EU policy stakeholders about the environmental, economic and social aspects of sourcing, manufacturing, marketing, distribution and end of life of packaging and packaged products.
- Promotes legislation that is transparent, effective, and proportionate in relation to packaging and packaging waste and thus enables our members to innovate, compete and operate in a resource efficient, competitive and sustainable way
OUR VISION ON PACKAGING FOR PACKAGED PRODUCTS
- be designed holistically with the product in order to optimize overall environmental performance
- be made from responsibly sourced materials
- be designed to be effective and safe throughout its life cycle , to protect the product
- meets market criteria for performance and cost
- meets consumer choice and expectations
- be recycled or recovered efficiently after use, where possible less
Environmental Business Management provides a range of business solutions, including...
Monitoring and pollution control is the protection of the environment by monitoring and...
Environmental consultant services, providing a range of environmental impact and risk...
Environmental management systems for a range of business needs, including waste processing...