The full (2 day) course is intended for those students who have not undertaken the subject matter before and the one day revalidation module can only be undertaken by persons who hold a valid Dangerous Goods by Air certificate or are revalidating a Radioactive certificate.
The course objectives are:
- Locate information concerning the classification of radioactive materials in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Check the Shippers Declaration for accuracy.
- Pack radioactive materials correctly.
- Check packages of radioactive materials for marking and labelling accuracy.
- Apply the regulations covering segregation and stowage of radioactive materials in accordance with the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Be able to take correct action in the event of damage to radioactive materials packages.